This is a continuation of my last post by this title so if you haven’t read it yet, it would be helpful to take a moment and read it before you continue on here.
As I’ve been reflecting on this question, here are some thoughts that have come to mind—either while walking or reading scripture.
WHO IS GOD FOR ME TODAY?
- Yahweh, the Holy One, full of power and grace.
- The one who regards me as precious and fights on my behalf.
- My treasure that will not fail me.
- The One who feeds me.
- The One who soothes me and pursues me.
- My all-encompassing guide through life. Who knows me well and loves me without end.
- My protector and liberator.
- A Beyond beyond myself.
- The One who overshadows me with love.
- The One who makes me come alive. Who constantly breaths new life into me.
SCRIPTURES THAT SPOKE TO ME THIS MONTH…I especially enjoy reading these in the New Jerusalem Bible translation.
Isaiah 43: 1-7
Luke 12: 22-34
May we all continue to ponder this question and pay attention to how God is answering us.
Photo credit: My sister, Lori King, our family farm